Contours

This was a blind contour drawing done in Indian ink with a brush. This  was a very fun experiment. We each had to do four self portraits. I thought this was the most successful in all of my blind contour self portraits. This was one of my favorite assignments because it's fun to see the finishing product. I'm surprised I got the facial placements right!
 This is another blind self portrait, this time it is done with ink and stick. It was difficult to paint this because iI didn't know when I was running out of ink. There are some blank marks on my paper because there were times where I was drawing and didn't know whether I had ink or not.
 The third in the series. I thought this was really ugly. The material for this is conte. I think I did alright in terms of proportions. The placement of the nose and lips are almost perfect in my opinion. Keep in mind that this is a blind drawing... I surprised myself a little bit.   
 This was done with a pencil/regular graphite. I didn't really like this piece much, considering that this was my first blind contour drawing with graphite. Once again, the proportions were alright, but I lacked details. I should've spent more time. 
 The assignment was to draw a fruit, preferably a banana or pear. I drew it three times using the planar analysis technique, but I did it incorrectly. The assignment was to draw the fruit...but I had to use cross contour lines. I didn't know what that was at the time, but I know now.

This assignment was supposed to be a controlled contour drawing but I had done it incorrectly. I was carried away with details. I thought the piece alone was alright, nothing to rave about. This was a still life painting done with Indian ink. I wished I would have had more time to paint the surroundings, or even start over and do it correctly. 
This was definitely one of my favorites in all of blind contour drawings. I'm very surprised that I drew the skull the way that it is shown. I had fun with this assignment. I took the most time drawing this so the outcome was much better than previous blind drawings. I might experiment and add color and such in future assignments. Overall, I was very happy.
 This was one of my successful line works. I did a lot more experimental lines on the vase and flowers than the skeletons. I wish I would have went back over the bones with a bit more lines. I had a lot of fun using ink and stick for this assignment. I also had a great time in class drawing it. Maybe one of my favorite works all semester. 
This was a charcoal/conte drawing done as a class. Each person would add marks and such until time is called. The goal is to make out the most of what you see while constantly adding more and more layers onto eachother's works. The outcome was amazing. I'm glad I had a chance to do this as a group.



No comments: