Planar Analysis

My teacher gave me and my classmates an opportunity to go outside to draw things we see in planar perspective/analysis. This statue was one that was near our school, so I thought it would be interesting. It was very sunny that day so it was hard to focus. This was actually my 2nd piece, my first one, I didn't do so well on. The face and hands took longer to do than the rest of the body. I felt pretty good after I was finished.

This is probably my favorite planar analysis still life. I thought I did well on the bones and the shoe. I tried putting the objects in perspective as well as focusing on planar and accuracy. The whole process took about 2- 3 hours. My end result turned out great and I can't wait to do more.

This was actually the first assignment I had done in class.I didn't do too much planar in my high school, so I thought this was a nice process/technique. I started with the lamp and ended with the cloth in the background. I thought the cloth was pretty tough to draw. I had no idea how to draw fabric in planar. I learned to do so in my later pieces.

  
The was a folded blankets assignment. I began by simply sketching out the folds of my blanket on my bed. The sketching process took about 10 minutes - a little longer due to confusion of folds. When I added the planar analysis, it was very confusing and almost to the point where I had to make up a bit of it. he ending result didn't look too bad, I wished I would have occupied more space though. 

For this assignment, our class had to draw another student. I chose my friend D'von Nathaniel. I thought I did pretty good regarding planar analysis and proportion. I spent a good couple of days to study him. It was very awkward, but classwork wise, it was worth it. I spent a lot of time getting down the contour, just the outline. I later started to implement details like the nose, lips and glasses. There may some awkward lines on the cheeks, but that's only because he had a skinny face. My end result is what appears before you.

No comments: